Oh fall, what a wonderful time. Also the time where you’re starting to think about christmas shopping, thanksgiving and probably black friday. You want to decorate for fall but, it’s not really in the budget. Don’t stress!
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, it drives my family insane how excited i get about fall. It’s not about the pumpkin spice for me, it’s about halloween and the beautiful change in color in nature. I have some ideas and options to make fall decorating a little easier on the pocket, and still make your home look great!
Farmhouse inspired decor
Proabably one of the most popular looks that people go for when decorating for fall. After actually living in a farmhouse and seeing a few it’s a bit different for everyone. For me farmhouse decor means old barn doors and stainless steel or galvanized steel buckets.
This post contains affiliate links, for more information on our policy please go here.
Best decor for keeping the fall theme
- fall colored leaves
- flannel/plaid ribbon to tie around vase/pots
- greens, oranges, browns, and reds
Options for keeping the price down
- shopping at dollar tree
- thrift stores like goodwill
Dollar Tree decorating
Dollar tree is one of my favorite destinations for seasoal decorating. The price is right. Although, if you aren’t careful you will end up dropping way too much.
Essential items to decorate with
- Candles-typically they have fall themed candles or you can use fall scents like cashmere or woodsy scents
- Flannel ribbon- tieing flannel ribbon around vases add the fall touch to your bouquets
- Decorative dishes- dishes with leaves on them or fall colors
- Paper flowers- usually dollar tree will have flowers to match the current theme. I always like to have a few different kinds to put in a vase
- Decorative tea light holders- with an array of options for tea light holders, you sure to find ones that match the colors of fall
- Kitchen towels- with Thanksgiving around the corner getting pumpkin and leaf decorated towels will bring the kitchen together
- Seasonal salt and pepper shakers- my favorite part of going to dollar tree, the adorable salt, and pepper shakers to go with the season
- Side note: Don’t forget to check out the main display when you first walk in for inspiration on decorating
Doing the decorations yourself (DIY)
Another way to keep fall decorating within budget is to do the decorations yourself. Get inspired with these great ideas for DIY fall decor.
There are many ways to decorate for fall and keep the cost down
You don’t have to go broke decorating for fall, remember:
- Carefully shopping on Amazon
- Dollar Tree
With Fall being my favorite time of year, decorating for it is the first thing i want to do by the beginning of September.
Enjoy your fall!